Dreaming of convertible meringues

Growing up in Argentina, I spent countless summers in the heat of Santa Fe's embrace, hanging out with two of my cousins and my sister, discussing a myriad of utopias. Our wedding plans for a then very distant future were a recurrent topic. And the main point of agreement on these dreamy chats (when I wasn't being a rebel and declaring I was never to get married) seemed to be a longing for a meringue wedding dress. Full on '80s.

I was so disappointed to find out we didn't coin the term... for those of you rebels out there yourselves, a meringue dress is one in which the skirt looks like a meringue (the cooked egg white blobs you make in the oven). But we went a step further: we were going to have convertible dresses. Equipped with a detachable full skirt that could be removed at the reception for free dancing. Those days are so far now; three of us have gotten married and not a single one of as has wore the puffy gown or longed for it. But still in my mind, when the words "wedding dress" come to mind, that is the first thing I think of (and I am not a UK male).

In the beginning of the month I was fortunate to be a part of a pop-up trunk show by Parade, traveling version of a&bé bridal in Denver, at poppy's. Essentially, brides get an appointment, come in, and find a selection of dresses from this store in the Colorado capital specializing in new and upcoming wedding dress designers. They look around, they try several gowns, and fortunately they walk away with THE dress. My role in the shoot was mostly detail documenting, and it was delightful to share the behind the scenes and setting up with Rachael (from poppy's) and Rachael (from Embellish Wedding and Events Design). And we even got to see the very first bride set her mind on a breathtaking dress she will rock on the big day.












Venue & Floral Design: poppy's
Dresses: a&bé bridal
Event planner: Embellish Wedding and Events Design
Treats: Sweets Cakes & Pastry
Promotion: Rocky Mountain Bride
Sponsored Photography: Honeybee Photography


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About