The Perks of Being an Aunt

November 2013
On the road with my best friend
Chatting about medications, struggles, and motherhood

-Do you know anybody who is happy?- she asked
-My sister- I answered without hesitation

She was. She had a good job, a great partner, a simple view of life. She was not arrogant but was accomplished, she was not vain but was beautiful, she was not perfect but was perfectly happy with her life. She was also not a mother.


January 2015
Argentina (my homeland)
My sister was still accomplished, beautiful, and perfectly happy, and was about to give birth to a baby girl.

I was there. I had the good fortune to be the first non-parent family member to meet my niece when she came, very matter of fact, 2 weeks earlier and through natural birth. And I had the privilege of photographing her on her second week of life.

I present you, Nirvana. The little being that came to show my sister and her man a new perfection and a whole other way to live happily ever after.

(Versión en Español después de las fotos)





 

 
  




  





 _____________________________________


Noviembre 2013
En la ruta con mi mejor amiga
Charla sobre medicaciones, luchas y ser madre

-¿Conocés a alguien que sea feliz?- me preguntó
-Mi hermana- le contesté sin dudar

Lo era. Tenía un buen trabajo, un gran compañero, una visión simple de la vida. No era arrogante pero tenía logros, no era vana pero era hermosa, no era perfecta pero estaba perfectamente feliz con su vida. Y además, no era madre.


Enero 2015
Argentina (mi patria)
Mi hermana aun tenía logros, era hermosa y perfectamente feliz, y estaba a punto de dar a luz a una hija.

Estuve ahí. Tuve la suerte de ser el primer miembro de la familia en conocer a mi sobrina cuando llegó, muy tranquilamente, 2 semanas antes y por parto natural. Y tuve el privilegio de fotografiarla en su segunda semana de vida.
Les presento a Nirvana. El pequeño ser que llegó para mostrarle a mi hermana y a su chico una nueva perfección y otra forma totalmente diferente de vivir felices para siempre.

1 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! The most beautiful present a mother can have

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About