Pretty Little Things

The crafter in me wants to make Lightfolly's packaging, marketing materials and studio equipment. She is battling with the business woman, whom insecurely exclaims that a professional front is a must. But, for now, this battle may not be necessary at all.

Lightfolly is moving into a more narrow, specialized, exciting direction now, about which you'll hear very soon. As part of it, I am incorporating the color folly into the brand and logo, and giving it a central place. The 50's blue that I started with and loved in the beginning seems to be popping up everywhere now, so I am shifting it to a more turquoise version which complements folly magnificently. These changes were taking place when it came time to send my first order to a client and I found myself wondering how to package the prints and CD with their digital images.

I want to share with you Lightfolly's first crafty, hand-made, home-made packaging I sent out. It involved sewing, framing squares, and purchasing delicious card stock in the local scrapbooking store. The CD case is folded simplicity and the main envelope is my version of a folio box. I enjoyed immensely making the packaging myself, and I am pleased with how professional it looked. You can tell me what you think; in the meantime I need to decide how I will package the 3 bamboo wall hangings in my studio right now, waiting to be delivered. And also, how will Lightfolly deal with packaging when demand prohibits from hand-made goodness. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About