Fifty/fifty - Part II

Last week I posted Part I of a series describing a photography exchange I had the privilege to take part in. It was mostly aimed at portrait photographers in search of feedback. I gave you a small sneak peek of a photo I took of my fellow college Katherine, and promised more. More there is.

This post is for you. The tender woman who thinks she doesn't look good in photos. The hurricane who loves who she is and shines in everything she does. The mother who was born into a new body with her children. The dancer with aching feet and passionate soul. The baker who treasures one more cupcake more than a starving figure. The cancer survivor. The fit athlete. The curvy goddess. The white-hair lover. The powerful warrior who brandishes the banner of the female for the benefit of all humanity.







These are my favorite photos I took of her. These are the photos I want her to cherish and frame and proudly display. These are the photos I want her to look at five or ten years down the line and say "This was me, then. And I love it". Because all of those things is what the pictures she took of me represent to me. She captured my soul, my uneven eyes, my tension and my love for my newly-found body... but you'll have to wait for Part III to see those!

1 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About