International Women's Day



"It is important that every American girl be called "princess" in order to prepare her for a life of slavery." - Werner Herzog

She married her sweetheart. They made adorable children together. They had the house in the suburbs, two cars, a dog, and a killer entertainment center. They seemed happy and I think they were. She felt safe. And she knew that there was more to life than being defined by it and those in it.

She is tough and it was time she remembered that. When her marriage ended, abruptly and unexpectedly, she had to wake up to the truth of who she was without him. The breakup broke her. Maybe in the beginning she told herself the fixing was for her girls. But then she realized she was doing it for her. In the recognition that she was heartbroken, empty-handed, and alone, she also found her strength and her voice.

She is now living the life she really wanted to live. Discovering fun and love and beauty in the most unexpected places, including her own heart. She recently turned 40 and she wanted to welcome this new her with a photo shoot. Messy hair, amazingly white teeth, inviting eyes. I present you, Malini. If you know her, you won’t believe your eyes. The internal liberation is complete and the beauty of her command shines through. Get out of her way.

Photo selection and captions by Malini

I am alive

 I am passionate

I am vulnerable

I am woman

I am powerful

I am longing

I am pensive

I am playful

I am dramatic

 I am thoughtful

 I am comfort
 
I am happy

 
 I am forty

2 comments:

  1. Great! I thought it was a story till the end when i realized it's her life you were talking about. Fabulous pictures and words about a wonderful person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job both photographer and Malini

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About