WYOtribe Sneak Peak

One of the phrases I identify most strongly with is "It takes a village to raise a child", or more colloquially, "It takes a village". A community oriented, tribal-living lover, I envision a world where we can find our way into small tribes where like-minded people co-exist, collaborate, and thrive.

I moved to Laramie last August, and I was immediately taken by the sense of community and people's openness and camaraderie. I started looking for my tribe immediately, a little with purpose and a little by just going out in the town and inserting myself and my children in the local scene. Slowly, we started meeting people (both business owners and other families and attendees) and finding out about free activities for the kids to do almost every day.

I started bringing my camera along as a way of documenting the discovery of my tribe, but also as a way of sharing with others what is out there for families to do on a low budget and on a regular basis. People is also slowly getting to know us and we have already made friends that we hang out with without needing a planned activity.

Here is a sneak peak of my tribe, and of a project I have called "WYOtribe". I will feature different activities I do and have done (with the summer months, some are hibernating) on the blog in the next months, and tell you what I like most about them. It is my wish that you may use it as a resource for your own family activities and as an inspiration to find your own tribe.

Rebecca, owner of just trails and organizer of Little Laramie Hikers, a Meetup group for hikers with kids.

Spring hike to Vedauwoo with Little Laramie Hikers

Winter hike with Little Laramie Hikers

Winter hike with Little Laramie Hikers to Happy Jack trail

Winter hike with Little Laramie Hikers to Happy Jack trail



Smores at Vedauwoo campground on a hike with Little Laramie Hikers
 
Open play at the High Plains Civic Center

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About