Baker the Baker

I am very self conscious about my smile because I feel my teeth are so big. When I see photos of me smiling I think "that is not how I was feeling inside!". I always look up to those people with radiant, perfect smiles who don't even have to try. One time my adviser in grad school took 37 photos of me trying to make me smile for our research group page. He chose a hideous one to post: the only one in which I was smiling.

So, needles to say, if I am thinking about it, I don't smile a lot. Yet, when I am in the presence of this woman, I smile away, laugh out loud, and then remember I am supposed to be staying still and pressing the button. Franchesca Baker is her name. And she posed for me a couple of weeks ago to help me with some posing and make-up tests I have been working on.

Franchesca Baker is a Baker. A mom. Ex military. And a firecracker. Full of energy and wit, she rocked her curves and let me try and pose and click and click again and the images we made together are some of my favorites I have made in a long time. She is confident and beautiful, and I was so fortunate to be able to create some photos of her that show her just like I see her: radiant, powerful, and full of light.



 

Make-up by Katie Smith for Visions
Hair by Robin McIntyre


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About