Of Websites and Modern Technology

I feel like I have a company now. Although nobody except my husband and two best friends know of this endeavor. So the next step is to come up with a website.

Without really knowing what I'm doing, I want:

1) different links on front page for Photography, Styling, and Illustrations
2) three clicks as the maximum depth to navigate
3) as visual as possible
4) hinted hovers


My technology savvy husband suggested I build my own page, since lightfolly not only cannot afford such perks as a graphic designer or web designer, but also is the kind of company where we keep it small and we do it all. At least for now. He suggested as well how somebody like me is to build a page: using bootstrap and my VERY limited knowledge of html and CSS. I have been blogging for years, and I have always made my own templates for my blogger-hosted blogs. Well, not as much made as modified already existing templates offered by blogger. You see, my husband is full of suggestions. Now, can I do it?

In case you are not familiar with bootstrap, let me tell you my understanding of it. Bootstrap is a platform for web design (another one you may know is Wordpress) which uses CSS. It is the platform used to build Twitter, and it is also known as Twitter Bootstrap. The beauty of it is that allows for responsiveness on your sites. What is this, you may ask yourself? It is the ability for a page to restructure itself depending on what screen it is being displayed on. You know those websites that when opened on your phone look bad, the navigation bar appears in two rows, the font is tiny and illegible or some content is cut? Those websites don't use a responsive platform.

Diving into brand new waters here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About