The Ideal Me

My friend Aiko and I talk sometimes about the ideal us. We would be in her kitchen one afternoon, while the children play outside, and she'll say: "The ideal me eats mindfully and with restrain" as she dips another chip in the homemade salsa. "The ideal me always have homemade salsa in the fridge" say I, following suit. It is our quiet acknowledgement, our non-resentful aspiration.

A couple of days ago I was browsing one of the design blogs I sometime browse, and a photo stopped me. It was the photo of what the ideal me looks like:


I went into the post, jittery with excitement and surprise. From there to her site. And there I found that the person with my ideal looks also has my taste (she loves ice cream and high heels), my dreams (she wants to build a sustainable town one day), and my ideal job:  She is photographer and stylist in Atlanta. Enter, Joy Thigpen.

Following a friend's advice, I sent her an email telling her of my admiration and asking her for some advice. She replied with a heart-felt email full of encouraging words and helpful suggestions. If she lived in the area, I would approach her for a mentoring relationship without a doubt. My next goal is to attend one of her "creative direction and styling" workshops. If I can afford it one day...

I am not sure what is to come but as I said to her, I am on my path now. And as I said to my friend, I'm unstoppable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About