The New Colette

You love and you attach yourself to the object of your love. It is so hard not to. You become one with it and you forget your name, your address, that you are on this earth to love unconditionally and unattached.


During Lightfolly's portrait gallery, back in September, I had written short stories to accompany the portraits of the 12 women I photographed. Colette approached me after reading that one of the women was starting a new adventure in life, and needed a new version of herself to do it.

-"I think I need that"- she said

I'm not going to write a long story about Colette. I simply want to share the images we made once she felt ready to start a new adventure, to let go of her husband (whose body ALS unexpectedly took), to put herself out there again.

This Valentine's Day, Colette may gift her images to somebody new. But the biggest gift, she already gave to herself: to shed the final layers and dress in silk, and open her heart, and love again.

Hair styling by Robin McIntyre | Makeup by Sierra Saxton
 





 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About